Monday 3 June 2013

My Volunteering: Helena Roddis


Chapel Guide and Conservation Assistant, Helena Roddis shares her experience as a volunteer:



"I'm a student studying History of Art with Museum Studies at the University of Leeds. It is my interest in art and architecture that attracted me to volunteering at Clumber with the beautiful Neo-Gothic chapel and collections.

Helena Roddis 

   I've learnt so much about the chapel as well as the estate and the original house and family. I've worked as a chapel guide and helped with the 'winter clean'. I experienced how much work it takes to conserve the building and its contents. It was a privilege to handle objects from a collection which is remarkably intact and original. I've also helped get some of the artefacts at  Willow Farm ready for display. 

  I was thrilled to help out with the Paa Joe event and have the opportunity to meet such a  brilliant internationally respected artist.

  My volunteering shows that someone can still get involved and have an enjoyable and rewarding experience even if they can't be there on a regular weekly basis."


Members of the Willow Tree Farm team cleaning objects. (G Peachey/NT. 2013)



  • Clumber Chapel is open to the public 7 days a week.
  • Willow Tree Farm Collection is currently open on Wednesdays only, though we are looking for volunteers to help with Sunday opening in the future.

For more information on how you can join any f our volunteering teams, email volunteeringclumber@nationaltrust.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment